The primary duties of a Reviewer Analyst is to perform daily checks, reviews, corrections, audits and to monitor and control a large volume of operational files for the RCMP municipal detachment; ensuring accurate records are maintained in compliance with RCMP policies through the daily use of all relevant police databases, computer related software and communication devices. As a subject matter expert, reviewers oversee and analyse files to ensure quality of investigation, statistical accuracy, providing feedback and returns all incomplete files to internal stakeholders for correction and completion; then performs final file review. In addition this role acts as a resource, coach and mentor to the detachment in regards to PROS and any other databases.
- Grade 12 plus a 2 years’ post-secondary education in a related law enforcement field
- Seven years of direct Police Officer experience with an accredited Law Enforcement Agency including current statistical reporting procedures and methodology
- Three years operational supervisory experience an asset
- Ability to pass RCMP security clearance prior to receiving an offer of employment**
- Must maintain RCMP security clearance throughout employment
- Ability to type 40 wpm accurately (A typing test will be administered to confirm speed and accuracy)
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete tested courses in: PROS, CPIC, NPIRS, and E-Collision
- Must be able to work shift work in a 24/7 operation
Specific Demands of the Job:
- Must possess the ability to work independently with strong decision making capabilities and critical problem solving skills with the ability to remain calm in emergency and stressful situations
- Discretely handle sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of the team; contributing to a respectful workplace at all times
- Living up to The City of Red Deer Cornerstone Values; embracing our RISE Principles (Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence).
- Conduct yourself appropriately in the workplace, demonstrating ethical behaviour and proper values as expressed through our Ethics Toolkit.
- A keen interest in continued learning and development in all facets of your career at The City of Red Deer
- Work is performed in a fast-paced and stressful environment often with many interruptions; the ability to multitask and prioritize on demand is a critical competency for this role
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to be self-motivated and work independently with little supervision
- Employees are expected to work in a cooperative and collaborative environment, applying precedent, policies and procedures to varying circumstances in the performance of their duties
- Must be well versed and highly knowledgeable in the statutes and laws of Canada, including but not limited to The Criminal Code of Canada, Provincial and Federal Statutes, and Municipal Bylaws
- Display strong written and oral communication skills.
- Subject to general office noise and sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Eye Strain
Affiliation: CUPE, Local 417
Hours of Work: Hours as scheduled with no guarantee; shifts scheduled weekdays, evenings and weekends as required.
Please Note: This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found. More than one position may be filled from this posting.
**Note: Must successfully pass a stringent RCMP Security Clearance before commencing employment. If you currently have the required clearance, please indicate it clearly in your resume.
The City of Red Deer’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy is currently suspended and may be re-implemented if the hazard level and situation warrants it. For more information, please refer to The City’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy 222-CA https://thebridge.reddeer.ca/media/the-bridge/city-departments/legislative-services/policies-and-procedures/corporate-policies/2000/2224-CA-COVID-19-Immunization.pdf