Creating a resume should only take about fifteen minutes if you have a current resume available.
To create an online resume
- Login to the Careers area of the website.
- Click the "My Resumes" button near the top of the page.
- Click the "Create a New Resume" button.
- Enter the resume specifics on the "Resume Details" page and click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
- Select skills from the various tabs of the Skills Matrix if desired. Click the "Next" button. (See Selecting Skills from the Skills Matrix).
Note: If no skills are chosen, go to step 7 after clicking "Next".
- If skills were selected, indicate the appropriate skill level for each skill chosen by clicking the corresponding radio buttons. Click the "Next" button.
- Copy and paste or type the resume text into the corresponding fields. Use the tools at the top of the text box when formatting the resume.
- Click the "Preview" button.
Note: Only an Objective is required (*).
- Confirm that all the information is correct. To make changes, select the appropriate button near the top of the page and enter the desired information.
- When finished, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the "Preview" page.
Applying for a Job
Can I send my resume in another format?
"You have unfinished work!" What does that mean?