Information Technology Analyst
Red Deer, Alberta, CA
|Operating Units||Information Technology Services|
|Date Posted||Jul 04, 2014|
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||College - Diploma|
|Hourly rate||$30.44 to $45.87|
Are you an experienced information technology professional who excels in a fast paced, dynamic environment? Are you interested in joining an organization committed to respect, integrity, service and excellence? We may have the career you are looking for.
The Information Technology Services Department is accepting applications for the position of Information Technology Analyst.
You will be responsible for implementing technical solutions and providing ongoing support for desk side, server side or network infrastructure. These are the main functions:
- Back-office technology operations, support and maintenance
- Supporting client business units in their use of information technology and business systems
- Participates in or leads information technology projects
Experience in the following will be an asset:
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft foundation technologies within the environment such as Windows Server 2008/2012, active directory, group policy management, Windows XP/Windows 7, Exchange
- Supporting network technologies such as TCP/IP, wireless (P2P and 802.11), VOIP
- Specifying, evaluating, building and implementing technical systems, including hardware and software for server, storage and backup & recovery as well as desktop systems.
- Understanding client business needs and strategies and advising them on the effective and efficient use of technology for their business
- Providing input on life-cycle planning of data centre technology and services
- Researching, recommending and developing back-office technology solutions that enhance operational efficiency or provide cost savings
The underlying infrastructure consists of the following technologies (experience in which would also be an asset):
- Nortel/Avaya switches and routers
- Checkpoint and Microsoft TMG firewalls
- VMware for servers and desktops, with Dell Equallogic SAN
- Fortigate VPN and Aruba Wireless
- McAfee Email & Web Security ,Vipre AV, Celestix 3200 Portal
- Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 Database
The applications running on this environment include:
- FDM (Fire Department Management)
- Class (Recreation booking)
- Hansens (Workforce Management)
- JD Edwards (Financial)
- Tempest (Municipal Suite)
- 2 year technical computer diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in an information technology services environment.
- Must have 3 years’ experience in a comparable position:
- working in a medium to large sized networked environment
- installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft desktop and server operating systems and network products
- Must have demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology Staff, end-user department personnel and outside vendors & consultants.
Affiliation: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week; shift work and/or compressed work week may be offered. Use of personal vehicle may be required for service calls.
NOTE: This position may be required to be available for call-out or standby outside regular hours.
|Applications are being accepted until August 08, 2014
< < Back