WWTP Maintenance Millwright
Wastewater Treatment Plant
Red Deer, Alberta, CA
|Operating Units||Environmental Services|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2014|
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||High School, College - Technical Certificate|
|Hourly rate||$35.64 to $38.49 (currently under review)|
Responsible to the Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor to install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot machinery and mechanical equipment at the Wastewater Treatment Plant. Utilizes other maintenance staff in maintaining the equipment. May direct some of the maintenance contractors.
- Grade 12 plus a Journeyman Millwright ticket and specialized courses in pipefitting, machining or electrical maintenance.
- Four years recent experience in the trade.
- A Class 5 Power Engineering Certificate.
- Knowledge of operating & repair characteristics of equipment and machinery and able to perform at a high skill level.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and shop manuals.
- Ability to do some carpentry, sheet metal work, plumbing and pipefitting.
- Ability to deal with consultants, contractors, vendors and give direction to assistants.
- Ability to exert high physical effort; work in confined spaces, heights and awkward positions. Able to work in hot and cold conditions as well as areas that are dirty, malodorous, unhygienic and noisy.
- Be familiar with health, safety and environmental standards. Able to exercise care when working near rotating equipment, high voltage equipment and equipment associated with storing and pumping hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to provide close attention when working with small parts of complex equipment and to use good eyesight and hearing for diagnosing problems and inspecting work.
- Must possess a Class 5 Alberta Driver's License.
Affiliation: CUPE, Local 417
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 80 hours biweekly. Some after hour call out work.
Please Note: this position is currently under review
|Applications are being accepted until March 14, 2014
< < Back